One of the many ways I put myself through college was as a bartender. At the time I perfected my Bloody Mary recipe but as time has gone on I have forgotten the exact recipe so I have been trying to figure out the right proportions. This still isn’t quite right but it’s getting close.
Spicy Bloody Mary Recipe
I usually just buy a 64 ounce bottle of tomato juice and pour out the eight ounces so I can use the bottle for the mix.
- 56 ounces tomato juice (I go for the low sodium Campbell’s but use what you like)
- 2 TBSP Horseradish (if you grate your own that works, otherwise buy some good german horseradish)
- 1 TBSP Old Bay Seasoning (crab seasoning if you can’t find the original)
- 2 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 ounces Clam Juice (if you like clams you can skip this and substitute Clamato for the tomato juice) if you don’t like clams then just start with 60 ounces of tomato juice.
- 1/2 TSP Celery Salt
- 1 TSP Hungarian Hot Paprika
- 1/2 TSP Tabasco
- 1/2 TSP Sea Salt
- 1 TSP Black Pepper
Obviously you can mix an 1 1/2 ounces of your favorite vodka. Then garnish with celery, or if you got one a cocktail shrimp. I have toyed with substituting Wasabi for the German Horseradish but I think that would really change the taste.